Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Feel'n good!

I just got back from a great portfolio review with Claire Khan from repART. I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful Claire was today. It's always a good thing when someone in the industry reminds you of a good childhood friend — that helps with the communication part, and relating to one another in a casual but professional way part. I think being personable is a huge factor in finding work.  I left the review feeling very confident in my portfolio and self assured that I can do this! Who would have known that 7 summers cruising around the world would have prepared me so well for interacting with people? (Something that Claire pointed out - good to know that the last 7 years work–experience hasn't been completely unrelated to my field! lol). So going forward from this, I'm going to look at booking a few venues/cafes for my Through the Looking Glass Oil painting series, and hopefully find some leads on an in-house illustrator position at the IDEA grad show on Monday.
Proof that I'm industry ready!

No comments: