Monday, May 2, 2011

Maintaining a holding pattern

Transition always takes some getting used to, whether it's transitioning from one job to another, or moving from one city to another. So I feel as though I'm in a sort of holding pattern waiting for the next big adventure. Though perhaps "waiting: is a bit passive of a word. More like searching for my next challenge. Since school has ended it seems as though I've been busy organizing this transition. Now that the move is over, and all the final assignments and paperwork have been completed, it's time for me to finally venture out and see what the world has waiting for an eager young illustrator like myself. Currently I am looking for venues for fine art shows, as well as publishing companies looking to take on new illustration talent, or some contract work. Feel free to contact me with any leads you may have. As you know, networking is crucial in this industry (well, any industry really... unless of course you are a professional hermit... then I would assume networking would go against your curriculum vitae — notice how the job search has actually impacted my vocabulary?). So whatever transition you may find yourself in, don't lose the faith. Stay optimistic and positive, and maintain that confident holding pattern. I know there are many adventures out there to be had! Long live the pursuit!

No comments: