Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Packing and more packing

Today I am working on packaging my self promo mail-outs. In retrospect, it was a good idea for me to do all of my portfolio and grad show booth printing on the ikon printer on campus for free (and not to mention, very dutch of me :), since I am now investing a lot of money into these illustration samples. Of course I want to put my best foot forward, so to speak. I received my custom postcards in the mail yesterday. I'm fairly happy with how they turned out, though the gloss coating did manage to darken the print a fair bit. I went with moo.com for these ones since I could order a number of different illustrations for the front cover... but in the future I think I will stick to jukebox printing. Next step, formatting my resume to fit the mailout! A little tip: always print out a test just to get an idea of scale. You'll notice things that you didn't notice by just looking at your inDesign file on the screen ;)

No comments: