Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Setting Goals

Good morning followers and fellow bloggers! The sun is finally shining here on the West Coast, and I'm feeling a little more motivated/inspired to get things done. So what better way to find motivation than to blog about it? It's important to keep your mind focused, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming big! I've seen too many talented grads settling for minimum wage jobs right after graduation (i.e Starbucks - don't get me wrong, I love that liquid bit of heaven they call coffee/frappes)... but sometimes these sort of jobs suck you into a vortex that you never get out of. So shoot for the stars! There's no harm in trying, is there? So I'm setting some short-term, and long-term goals. At this point I think I can see myself doing contract work for a publishing company (children's books, greeting cards, etc.) I also want to see if I can find work in Australia or New Zealand for at least a year – that's on my long term list! Originally I had thought a year abroad in Italy, but not having a language barrier might be bonus ;)
Keep your dreams big, and your accomplishments bigger! Happy Wednesday!

It's a pretty good day

No comments: