Friday, February 10, 2012

What's trending in the creative world

Finding creative outlets anywhere and everywhere
Hey guys! Welcome back! It's been a while since my last post... since then I've interned at Max Advertising Inc, took on a couple more freelance jobs, and seriously started on my children's book illustrations. So a lot of new and exciting creative changes... unfortunately the bank account doesn't reflect this just quite yet, but I'm hoping that following my dream will pay off... I'm fairly confident it will, I'm just in the "struggling artist phase." Nearly everyone goes through this stage. Take a look at actors, musicians and the like... they always have such great stories about how they lived off of canned soup for a year in a crappy little apartment (so I'm well on my way *wink*). A great example of this?
Facebook's graffiti artist, David Choe.
He went from homeless to a millionaire.


I'm constantly looking for new opportunities to showcase my creative talent (or as some relatives have referred to it, my artistic curse). I came across DENYdesigns — quite by accident. My sister and I were searching for a well–designed duvet cover to transform our mother's bedroom, and we came upon this site. What I love about DENYdesigns is that local artists are showcased, and finally bedding, shower curtains etc. have caught up to our contemporary tastes! Worth the click, check it out.

No comments: