Sunday, February 19, 2012

Refuse to simply settle



I don't know if it's simply stubbornness or willpower, but I'd like to think that I was meant for more than just a mundane kind of life. Perhaps that's the artist in me talking. I'd love to travel the globe and follow inspiration wherever it leads me. Someone once told me that it was easier to find work within the commonwealth than it was to find work in the states. Although I have set my sights on local jobs for now, I still haven't given up on my dream of finding work in Australia or New Zealand sometime in the future.



1 comment:

Vivian Gerber said...

Unfortunately no opportunities for branching out to the New Zealand market just quite yet. Received this rejection letter today: Unfortunately I am not able to take on anymore overseas artists as it is too difficult to get work for them here in NZ as local publishers want to use only local artists and authors so they are eligible for the local book awards. NZ market is so small we rely very heavily on these book awards to boost sales. I have a lot of interest from international illustrators like you - many of them wonderful artists and i sadly have to turn them all down.
Hopefully one day when i have many more international publishers using my illustrators i will be able to add more of you to my stable!!. All the best for your future work.
best wishes