Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Call me crazy...

Today, amidst all the madness of the final weeks of the semester, I decided to start a new illustration. Yes – call me crazy. I may have, in fact, actually lost my marbles this time. But I'm going to roll with it (or them I guess... I would hope I have more than one measly little marble up there ;) So behold, I present to you my crazy idea: my original line work done in graphite. If this state of craziness continues I'm planning to scan it and then take it into illustrator and photoshop to colour it digitally. This impulse to construct a new illustration was in part inspired by someone's (I forget whose) wise words "Past sketches and doodles aren't done for nothing. You can always use/draw inspiration from them." So remembering a few doodles I had done in first year that had images intertwined within each other, I thought I'd create an illustration that combined imagery of a late summer night. And here I am. Almost 4 o'clock on Tuesday, with a lot of other projects needing attention, starting something entirely brand new. Well... when the mood strikes right? (I think that's what they say...)

No comments: