Thursday, February 10, 2011

The influence of music

Studies have shown that music plays an important role in creativity. It has also been said that when you fall in love with a new song – levels of dopamine increase. Proof that I need music in order to function properly. Typically my mornings start off with a big cup of coffee, soon followed by cranking up the stereo. Finding great music to work to is important. Thankfully I often work from home, or with my earbuds in - so I don't need to worry about pleasing others with my music selection. Every project will have its own mood. Generally when I start out on a project I need some music that will energize me and get me pumped up. But if you're looking for a more mellow sound I recommend Amos Lee. I've recently discovered his music and I love it. Check it out for free on grooveshark.com http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Freedom/1RPozn?src=5

No comments: