Friday, September 9, 2011

Settling back into the scheme of things

For any budding artist, or accomplished artist for that matter, I would recommend spending some time traveling the globe. Breaking out of the mold, and the repetitive routine can spark new–found inspiration and creativity. I've spent the last two and a half months sailing from port to port in the Mediterranean and what I've discovered, rather reaffirmed, is that I'm an artist inspired by the coast. To me there is nothing better than being near the water: beach combing for lost treasure, taking a morning swim in Mykonos Greece, or simply taking a boat ride on the open sea. Every artist is different, but I've found that I feel the most creative after inhaling that fresh ocean air. So here I am, back after a summer abroad, looking for an avenue to pour all of my new–found passion into. And so...the search continues. Cross your fingers and wish me luck. For as much as we would like to say we live on creativity alone, we also need a little cash to pay the bills (and to fund more travels abroad!).

No comments: