Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Art Vibe in New Zealand...

It's good to be home! But it does take some adjusting after spending two months in summer and then coming back to rainy, wintery, Vancouver :) Not to mention the jet-lag after 24 hours of travel time.

I've had the amazing opportunity to work abroad in New Zealand and the South Pacific for the last two months. I've enjoyed taking in all the sights, all the cafes (of course - I'm a coffee addict), as well as all of the artwork. There's something about coastal towns/cities that I just feel like I have an infinity for. I love the artwork that they are producing and the entire "feel" of the place.

Here's a few of the brochures/pictures that I've picked up along my journey. I'm looking forward to incorporating some of those bright coastal colours into more of my artwork (and maybe taking some inspiration from the surf/coastal lifestyle of New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific Islands).

No comments: