Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Keeping busy

So as you know, I am counting down the days till my flight to Sydney and my subsequent 2 months spent touring the ports of New Zealand! Excited is an understatement. So it might seem like a bit of a challenge to stay focused on freelance work these days — especially with the weather the way it is here in the rainforest we call Vancouver. The trick, I find, is to keep busy.

I've managed to snag a few painting commissions before I leave, as well as some video editing/compilation projects. When I'm not working on those things, I've also become self-motivated to keep all of my sites updated AND I'm also working on T-shirt designs. You might ask: well what's the point of that work Viv? It doesn't exactly pay well does it? Well that might be true in the grand scheme of things, but as a graphic illustrator you always want to stay in touch with your target audience and see what trends are happening. I've recently become an active artist at Threadless.com - be sure to check back for new designs/illustrations.

No comments: